MR. CHIKE ANIKAMADU (DIRECTOR URBAN AND REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT)
Mr. Chike Anikamadu is the current Director/HOD of the Urban & Regional Development Department, Federal Ministry of Power, Works & Housing, Abuja. He attended the University of Ibadan where obtained his Master’s Degree in Urban & Regional Planning in 1987.
He joined the services of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 1989 as a Town Planning Officer in the Defunct Federal Ministry of Works and Housing. He has since risen to become a substantive Director in the Ministry.
He is a member of the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (NITP) as well as the Town Planners Registration Council of Nigeria (TOPREC). Mr. Anikamadu was elected the National Secretary of the Nigerian Institute of Town Planners (NITP) from 1998 – 2000. He also served in different capacities in various committees of both organizations.
In the course of his service, he has attended several local and international courses and conferences including the United Nation’s General Assembly in New York and the Royal Institute of Public Administration (RIPA), London.
He is happily married with kids. He loves spending time with his family and friends.
The Housing sector of the Ministry stands on a tripartite mandate comprising easy access to land, provision of affordable housing and promotion of sustainable urban development. The Urban and Regional Development Department (URD) is one of the important tripartites which is saddled with the responsibility of formulation, promotion and implementation of policies, programmes and projects on sustainable human settlements development in the country.
Structure of Urban and Regional Development
The Urban and Regional Development Department is made up of four (4) Directorates, namely:
* Regional Development Directorate
* Urban Development Directorate
* Development Control Directorate
* Urban Renewal and Slum Upgrading Directorate
Regional Development Directorate
* Regional Planning and Development
* Transportation Planning and Management
* Rural and Community Planning
Urban Development Directorate
* Urban Planning and Development
* Urban Design
* Urban Sector Multilateral Programmes
Development Control Directorate
* Development Control
* Infrastructure Development
* Road Corridors Management
Urban Renewal & Slum Upgrading Directorate
* Slum Upgrading and Urban Renewal
* Regeneration/Redevelopment of Derelict Sites
* Recreation and Parks
The functions of Urban and Regional Development Department:
* Preparation, formulation and review of National Urban & Regional Development Policy;
* Establishment of Physical Planning Standards through provisions in the building code for the country;
* Monitoring and Control of developments on Federal Government lands and Estates;
* Implementation of urban renewal and slum upgrading programmes across the country;
* Conduct of Urban Information System Studies in Nigerian cities;
* Formulation and establishment of standardized urban traffic/transport planning and management of Nigerian cities,
* Collaboration with international Organisations/ Agencies such as the World Bank, Shelter Afrique UN – Habitat, and Cities Alliance, AMCHUD and other International development partners on housing and human settlements issues.
* Preparation of National Physical Development Plan to complement economic plans for sustainability and growth of the country.
The Urban and Regional Development (URD) has about 409 staff made up of Town Planners, Technical Officers, Administrative Staff, Support Staff, IT and NYSC Officers. All these are carefully spread in the various Directorates and 36 State Field Offices.
FASHOLA HASSAN AT THE 5TH EDITION OF THE TOP MANAGEMENT RETREAT OF THE MINISTRY OF POWER WORKS AND HOUSING IN SOKOTO STATE
Fashola Hassan At The 5th Edition Of The Top Management Retreat Of The Ministry Of Power Works And Housing In Sokoto State
FASHOLA JACOBS MOKUOLU OTHERS AT THE 1ST STAKEHOLDERS WORKSHOP ON OFF TAKING 2000MW UNUTILIZED POWER FOR ELIGIBLE CUSTOMERS IN ABUJA
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde FasholaSANleftCommissioner Legal Licensing and Compliance Mr Dafe Akpeneyemiddle and President Manufacturers of Nigeria MAN Dr Frank Udemba Jacobsright during the 1st Stakeholders Workshop on Off Taking 2000MW Unutilized Power for Eligible Customers organized by the Ministry of Power Works and Housing at the Setraco Cedar Estate Gwarimpa II Abuja on Tuesday 13th February 2018