(DIRECTOR INTERNAL AUDIT)
In line with Financial Regulations 20, the Internal Audit Unit of the Ministry was established to provide a complete and continuous audit of the Accounts records of revenue and expenditure, plants, allocated and unallocated stores where applicable.
The Unit is directly responsible to the Accounting Officer for comprehensive audit of all operations and activities of the Ministry. In this regard, it carries out not only Financial Audit but also Compliance Audit, Performance Audit and Management Audit of other areas of the Ministry with a view to monitoring their economic efficiency and effectiveness.
The functions of the Internal Audit Unit include amongst others:
1. To secure the installation and maintenance of soundly based system of control within the Ministry;
2. To review and where necessary make recommendations for the improvement of systems, controls and procedures in order to ensure that they are both efficient and effective;
3. To assist in protecting the assets and interests of the Ministry eg; by carrying out continuous examination of activities in order to prevent or promptly detect fraud, misappropriation, irregular expenditures or losses of cash by ensuring that the rules, regulations and extant circulars/instructions are observed;
4. To monitor the use of resources in the pursuit of the objectives established by law and other authorizing bodies; and
5. To render monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and special reports to appropriate authorities.
FASHOLA AREGBESOLA AT THE 14TH MONTHLY MEETING OF POWER SECTOR OPERATORS IN OSOGBO
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde Fashola SAN right Governor State of Osun Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesolamiddle and Deputy Governor Mrs Titilayo Laoye Tomorileft during the 14th Monthly Meeting with Sectoral Paricipants in the Power Sector hosted by the Transmission Company of NigeriaTCN at the National Control Centre NCC Osogbo Osun State on Monday 10th March 2017
FASHOLA DELIVERS PUBLIC LECTURE ON POWER SECTOR REFORMS AT THE UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde Fashola SAN right being welcomed by ProChancellor and Chairman of Council of the University of Lagos Dr Wale Babalakin SAN2nd left the Vice Chancellor University of Lagos Prof Rahamon Bello left and former Commissioner of Finance in Lagos State Mr Ayo Gbeleyi 2nd right to the University where the Minister delivered a lecture on the topic Power Sector Reforms Challenges and the Way Forward at the Department of Economics 2017 Distinguished Public Lecture Series held at the JF Ade Ajayi Auditorium Former Main Auditorium University of Lagos on Thursday 13th July 2017