(DIRECTOR INTERNAL AUDIT)
In line with Financial Regulations 20, the Internal Audit Unit of the Ministry was established to provide a complete and continuous audit of the Accounts records of revenue and expenditure, plants, allocated and unallocated stores where applicable.
The Unit is directly responsible to the Accounting Officer for comprehensive audit of all operations and activities of the Ministry. In this regard, it carries out not only Financial Audit but also Compliance Audit, Performance Audit and Management Audit of other areas of the Ministry with a view to monitoring their economic efficiency and effectiveness.
The functions of the Internal Audit Unit include amongst others:
1. To secure the installation and maintenance of soundly based system of control within the Ministry;
2. To review and where necessary make recommendations for the improvement of systems, controls and procedures in order to ensure that they are both efficient and effective;
3. To assist in protecting the assets and interests of the Ministry eg; by carrying out continuous examination of activities in order to prevent or promptly detect fraud, misappropriation, irregular expenditures or losses of cash by ensuring that the rules, regulations and extant circulars/instructions are observed;
4. To monitor the use of resources in the pursuit of the objectives established by law and other authorizing bodies; and
5. To render monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and special reports to appropriate authorities.
FIRST FEDERAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL MEETING OF 2018
Left to Right National Security Adviser MajorGen Babagana Monguno left Minister of Power Housing and Works Babatunde Fashola and Secretary to Government of Federation SGF Mustapa Bossduring the first Federal Executive Council meeting of 2018 presided over by His Excellency President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR on Wednesday 10th January 2018
FASHOLA DELIVERS KEYNOTE ADDRESS AT THE PRE CONFERENCE WORKSHOP THE NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PETROLEUM EXPLORATIONISTS NAPE 2018 ON SECURING THE NIGERIAN ECONOMY WITH A DIVERSIFIED ENERGY MIX IN LAGOS
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing and Keynote Speaker Mr Babatunde Fashola SANmiddle flanked by the Managing Director Versa Technology Nigeria Limited and Chairman of the occasion Mr James Orifeleft during the National Association of Petroleum Explorationists NAPE Pre Conference Workshop on the theme Securing the Nigerian Economy with a Diversified Energy Mix at the Eko Hotel and Suites Victoria Islands Lagos on Monday 19th November 2018