(DIRECTOR INTERNAL AUDIT)
In line with Financial Regulations 20, the Internal Audit Unit of the Ministry was established to provide a complete and continuous audit of the Accounts records of revenue and expenditure, plants, allocated and unallocated stores where applicable.
The Unit is directly responsible to the Accounting Officer for comprehensive audit of all operations and activities of the Ministry. In this regard, it carries out not only Financial Audit but also Compliance Audit, Performance Audit and Management Audit of other areas of the Ministry with a view to monitoring their economic efficiency and effectiveness.
The functions of the Internal Audit Unit include amongst others:
1. To secure the installation and maintenance of soundly based system of control within the Ministry;
2. To review and where necessary make recommendations for the improvement of systems, controls and procedures in order to ensure that they are both efficient and effective;
3. To assist in protecting the assets and interests of the Ministry eg; by carrying out continuous examination of activities in order to prevent or promptly detect fraud, misappropriation, irregular expenditures or losses of cash by ensuring that the rules, regulations and extant circulars/instructions are observed;
4. To monitor the use of resources in the pursuit of the objectives established by law and other authorizing bodies; and
5. To render monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and special reports to appropriate authorities.
FASHOLA AT THE WORLD FM DAY POLICY DIALOGUE ON THE THEME TACKLING THE POOR MAINTENANCE CULTURE IN NIGERIA
Representative of the Vice President Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde FasholaSAN left andCommercial Counselor United States Mission to Nigeria United States Consulate General Mr Brent Omdahlright shortly after theWorld FM DayPolicy Dialogueon the theme Tackling the Poor Maintenance Culture in Nigeria hosted by Klinserve Solutions Limited at the Agip Recital Hall Muson Centre Onikan Lagos on Tuesday 15th 2018
FASHOLA DELIVERS SPECIAL HERBERT MACAULAY MEMORIAL LECTURE ORGANIZED BY THE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing and Guest Lecturer Mr Babatunde FasholaSANleft and Vice Chancellor University of NigeriaNsukka ProfBenjamin Chukwuma Ozumbarightpresenting one of the Laptop computers made by the University of Nigeria to the Hon Minister shortly after he delivered theSpecial Herbert Macaulay Memorial Lectureorganized by the University of Nigeria Nsukka at the Princess Alexandra AuditoriumPAA Nsukka Enugu State on Monday 2nd July 2018