(DIRECTOR INTERNAL AUDIT)
In line with Financial Regulations 20, the Internal Audit Unit of the Ministry was established to provide a complete and continuous audit of the Accounts records of revenue and expenditure, plants, allocated and unallocated stores where applicable.
The Unit is directly responsible to the Accounting Officer for comprehensive audit of all operations and activities of the Ministry. In this regard, it carries out not only Financial Audit but also Compliance Audit, Performance Audit and Management Audit of other areas of the Ministry with a view to monitoring their economic efficiency and effectiveness.
The functions of the Internal Audit Unit include amongst others:
1. To secure the installation and maintenance of soundly based system of control within the Ministry;
2. To review and where necessary make recommendations for the improvement of systems, controls and procedures in order to ensure that they are both efficient and effective;
3. To assist in protecting the assets and interests of the Ministry eg; by carrying out continuous examination of activities in order to prevent or promptly detect fraud, misappropriation, irregular expenditures or losses of cash by ensuring that the rules, regulations and extant circulars/instructions are observed;
4. To monitor the use of resources in the pursuit of the objectives established by law and other authorizing bodies; and
5. To render monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and special reports to appropriate authorities.
FASHOLA OYEGUN OTHERS AT THE 11TH ABUJA HOUSING SHOW
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde Fashola SANleft and National Chairman All Progressives Congress Chief John Oyegunright shortly before the Opening Ceremony the 11th Abuja Housing Show on the theme Solving Nigerias Housing Challenge through Innovative Finance and Infrastructure Solutions organized by Fesadeb Media Group at the International Conference Centre Abuja on Monday 17th July 2017
FASHOLA INSPECTS THE ELECTRIFIED SHOPS UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENTS ENERZING ECONOMIES INITIATIVE ATARIARIA MARKET IN ABIA STATE
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde FasholaSAN rightManaging DirectorCEO Rural Electrification AgencyREA Mrs Damilola Ogunbiyi right and benefitting shop owner Mrs Ngozi Joel middleduring the inspection of the electrifiedshops under the Federal Government s Energizing Economies InitiativeatAriar ia market Aba Abia State on Thursday 17th May 2018