(DIRECTOR HIGHWAYS DESIGN - ROADS)
Awaiting Profile ...
Highways Design - Roads Department is responsible for:-
• Initiating design policy and design criteria for Federal Highways – Roads;
• Scheduling the implementation of approved projects;
• Commissioning of consultants;
• Feasibility studies and engineering surveys;
• Conducting inception meetings with Design Consultants and Departmental Staff.
• Organizing presentation of submissions by consultants.
• Preparation of R. O. W. acquisition data for Federal Highways;
• Carrying out detailed and final engineering design of the roadway and its geometry in-house;
• Supervision, including vetting of Consultants submissions involved in the preliminary and final engineering design of road projects to ensure compliance with standards;
• Supervision of consultants engaged in supervision of highway projects;
• Site visit and work assessment of roads under design;
• Producing tender documents i.e. tender drawings, BEME, etc;
• Monitoring of on-going Consultancy and Construction/Rehabilitation projects through the supervision Consultants.
• Manage the road design projects to ensure compliance with highway specifications;
• Vet road design submissions and issue Engineer's Certificate;
• Processing of proposals for revisions to designs and Bills of Engineering Measurement and Evaluation (R-BEME) for highway projects (Roads);
• Manages the Highway Design Registry(Roads)
• Documentary upkeep of Micro films for Highway Projects(Roads);
• Submit Monthly Progress Reports, etc to the Hon Minister.