(DIRECTOR HIGHWAYS DESIGN - ROADS)
Awaiting Profile ...
Highways Design - Roads Department is responsible for:-
• Initiating design policy and design criteria for Federal Highways – Roads;
• Scheduling the implementation of approved projects;
• Commissioning of consultants;
• Feasibility studies and engineering surveys;
• Conducting inception meetings with Design Consultants and Departmental Staff.
• Organizing presentation of submissions by consultants.
• Preparation of R. O. W. acquisition data for Federal Highways;
• Carrying out detailed and final engineering design of the roadway and its geometry in-house;
• Supervision, including vetting of Consultants submissions involved in the preliminary and final engineering design of road projects to ensure compliance with standards;
• Supervision of consultants engaged in supervision of highway projects;
• Site visit and work assessment of roads under design;
• Producing tender documents i.e. tender drawings, BEME, etc;
• Monitoring of on-going Consultancy and Construction/Rehabilitation projects through the supervision Consultants.
• Manage the road design projects to ensure compliance with highway specifications;
• Vet road design submissions and issue Engineer's Certificate;
• Processing of proposals for revisions to designs and Bills of Engineering Measurement and Evaluation (R-BEME) for highway projects (Roads);
• Manages the Highway Design Registry(Roads)
• Documentary upkeep of Micro films for Highway Projects(Roads);
• Submit Monthly Progress Reports, etc to the Hon Minister.
SECTION IV DUALIZATION OF KANO MAIDUGURI ROAD SECTION IV POTISKUM DAMATURU
Section IV Dualization of Kano Maiduguri Road Section IV Potiskum Damaturu
FASHOLA INSPECTS ONGOING CONSTRUCTION WORK ON 2ND NIGER BRIDGE IN ANAMBRADELTA STATES ON DAY THREE OF TOUR OF INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS IN THE SOUTH EAST ZONE
Personnel of Julius Berger Plc at workduring theinspection tour of the ongoing construction work on 2nd Niger Bridge in Anambra and Delta States by theHon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde FasholaSANon Day Three of his inspection tour of Federal Government Infrastructure Projects in the South East Zone of the country on Thursday 19th May 2018