ENGR NOSIKE, EMMANUEL N (DIRECTOR TRANSMISSION SYSTEM)
Attended the Following Schools:
Uzo Uwani Farm Settl. School, Adani, Enugu state - F.S.L.C. 1971 to 1976.
Adada secondary school, Nkpologu, Enugu state - WASC. 1976 to 1981.
Enugu State University of Technology, Enugu (Former Anambra State University of Technology, Enugu) - B.ENG.in Electrical/Electronics and Computer Science 1981 to 1986.
Employed in November,1989 , Ministry of Defence as pupil Engr where I was promoted to Assistant Director, GL15 in 2009
Posted to Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs in 2009 and was in charge of Technical Services Division and was promoted to the post of Deputy Director in 2013 and Director in 2017.
Posted to the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing in 2018 to be in charge of Transmission Services Department which deals with transmission systems in the country.
Membership of Professional bodies; Nigerian Society of Engineers; MNSE.
Registered Engineer; COREN
FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSMISSION SERVICES
1. To initiate, develop and provide supervisory role in the implementation of policies in the sector pertaining to the construction, expansion, rehabilitation and maintenance of all transmission grid network in the Country.
2. To ensure full quantum wheeling of electricity generated to the Distribution Companies (DISCOs) with minimum loss.
3. To ensure the strengthening and increase transmission capabilities of cross national grid.
4. To monitor and supervise projects, programme and activities of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) to ensure its alignment with sectorial policies of government.
5. To initiate, plan and propose projects towards increasing power transmission.
6. To advise government on all matters related to transmission of electricity in Nigeria.
7. Update the Nation’s Transmission Expansion Master Plan.
8. Serve as contact point for coordination of activities of the West Africa Power Pool (WAPP) and development and Transmission of regional electricity in Nigeria.
9. To provide guidelines and advise to investors other stakeholders and the general public with regards to transmission of electricity in Nigeria.
10. To liaise with local and International Organization related to transmission of electricity in Nigeria.
ORGANOGRAM TRANSMISSION SYSTEM DEPARTMENT
ON GOING WORKS ON THE CONSTRUCTION OF ADJOINING ROAD LINKING 2ND NIGER BRIDGE LINKING ANAMBRA AND DELTA STATES DELTA AXIS
On Going Works on the Construction of Adjoining Road linking 2nd Niger Bridge Linking Anambra and Delta States Delta axis
DAY THREE OF FASHOLAS INSPECTION TOUR OF HIGHWAY PROJECTS IN THE SOUTH SOUTH ZONE
A Section of theBodo Bonny Road with Bridges across Afa Opobo and Nanabie Creeks in Rivers State duringthe third day of the inspection tour of ofHighway Projects in the South South Zone of the country by the Hon Minister of Power Works and Housing Mr Babatunde Fashola SAN on Saturday 18 February 2017 The contract for the Project was first awarded in 1998 and works started 2003 it dragged on till 2014 when contractor abandoned site but with provision of funding by the Federal Government construction work by Julius Berger Nigeria Plc is set to resume on the Project