AMONIA MORREN STANDFAST (DIRECTOR PLANNING, RESEARCH AND STATISTICS)
1989 – 1992: PERSONNEL OFFICER II
1992 – 1995: PERSONNEL OFFICER I
1995 – 1999: SENIOR PERSONNEL OFFICER
1999 – 2003: PRINCIPAL ADMIN. OFFICER
2003 – 2006: ASST. CHIEF ADMIN. OFFICER
2006 – 2009: CHIEF ADMIN. OFFICER
2009 – 2013: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR (ADMIN)
2013 – 2017: DEPUTY DIRECTOR (ADMIN)
2017 TO DATE: DIRECTOR (ADMIN)
1989 – 2009: FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINANCE
2009 – 2011: FEDERAL MINISTRY OF YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
2011 – 2015: SPECIAL DUTIES OFFICE, OFFICE OF THE SECRETARY TO THE GOVERNMENT OF THE FEDERATION
2015 – 2017: FEDERAL MINISTRY OF YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
2017 – 2018: BUREAU OF PUBLIC SERVICE REFORMS
APRIL 2018: FEDERAL MINISTRY OF POWER, WORKS & HOUSING (POWER SECTOR)
1. The Planning, Research and Statistics (PRS) Department is one of the four (4) common services Departments in the Ministry. It comprises four (4) divisions, namely;
* Bilateral and Multilateral Division;
* Planning and Policy Division;
* Research and Statistics Division;
* Monitoring and Evaluation Division; and
2. The mandate of the Department includes the following:-
* Preparation and submission of the Ministry’s Federal Executive Council (FEC)memoranda to the Cabinet Secretariat:
* Conveying FEC decisions to the concerned Departments of the Ministry and Agencies and monitoring the implementation of such FEC decision ;
* Submission of return on the implementation of decision(s) of the Federal Executive Council to the Policy Implementation and Monitoring Unit of the Presidency, National Panning Commission, Budget Office of the Federation ,National Economic Intelligence Committee and other relevant Organizations;
* Coordination and organization of Workshops, Conference, Retreats and Summits;
* Coordination of the Ministry’s participation in Multi-lateral and Bilateral matters, including the relationship established by signed Memoranda of Understanding;
* Conduct research studies in identified and approved project in the Nigerian Power sector;
* Management of Power sector Information System in general;
* Management of the ministry’s Energy Data Bank; all ICT related matters and Library Services;
* Setting and Monitoring of Performance and efficiency Targets for the Ministry and its Agencies;
* Coordination of the Monitoring and Evaluation of all Power Sector projects;
* Coordination of all policies concerning electric power sector and issues relating to energy policy;
* Coordination and Organising National Council on Power (NACOP);
* Preparation of work plan for the ministry and Monitoring implementation and
* Preparation of Annual progress reports and Ministerial Press briefing.
3. The Department carried out the under listed activities through its Four (4) Divisions:
1. Responsible for organizing the review and validation of the Draft Policy Documents for FEC approval;
2. Responsible for organizing the National Council on Power and the Implementation Task Team to track ithe implementation of its Decisions and Resolutions;
3. Produces the Ministry of power 2013-2015 (achievements) as inputs into the President’s 2015 Budget speech;
* Responsible for preparation and organizing Ministerial press briefings;
* Responsible for organizing the Nigeria Sovereign Rating exercises such as those conducted as follows:
(a) Standard and Poor’s on 3rd March 2015
(b) AFD Supervisory Mission on Re-inforcement of the High Voltage Transmission lines around Abuja;
(c) IMF Staff visit exercise on 28th August 2016
(d) Fitch Ratings Agency on 15th September, 2016;
(e) Moody Ratings Agency on 10th November, 2016.
* Responsible for Producing and forwarding of the proposals on Projects/Programe to Ministry of Budget and National planning. The documents are to be included in the National integrated infrastructure master plan.
* Responsible for organizing retreats on the development, designing and implementation in the Power Sector
* Responsible for organizing Power Summits which brought together the Power sector stakeholders, Civil Society Organizations and Development Partners during which important issues were discussed with a view to moving the sector forward.
* Participates in the conference of DPRS in the Public Service
* Responsible for Anchoring Power Breakfast Fora as a side event during the world Economic Forum for Africa (WEFA);
* Responsible for attending the National Council on Development Planning (NCDP) meetings and Joint Planning Board (JPB);
* Processed electronically, a number of Federal Executive Council (FEC) memoranda to the cabinet office, OSGF;
* Coordinated the Power Sector Economic Recovery Growth Plan (ERGP) Focus Labs for interaction between the Public and Private investors;
* Participates in the ECOWAS Power Sector Consultation meetings and West African Power Pool;
* Responsible for organizing the Ministry’s participation in various Bilateral and Multilateral Economic Cooperation aimed at attracting investors to Nigeria to invest in the Power Sector, building capacity of the staff of the Division, amongst others.
As a result of these activities, the Ministry participated in a number of bilateral meetings both within and outside the country aimed at improving power supply in Nigeria
1. The 6th Session of the Cameroun-Nigeria Joint Commission held in Yaoundé, Cameroun from the 9th – 11th April, 2014 to discuss the bilateral agreements existing between the two countries.
2. The Ministry was part of the Nigerian delegation to the United States of America for the Nigeria Development and Finance Forum (NDFF) 2014 Conference held at Western New York Grand Central Hotel, New York City, USA from 29th- 31th May, 2014. The purpose was to partner and attract investors from the USA to come and invest in the power sector.
3. The 1st D-8 Ministerial meeting on Energy which took place in Kaseri, Turkey in June 2014. The meeting was intended to promote closer cooperation on joint research, exploration and production of alternative energy resources, capacity building, technical assistance on projects, and exchange of expertise and technology transfer between member countries.
4. The Ministry also formed part of Nigerian Delegation to the Nigeria-Germany Bilateral Commission meeting in Berlin-Germany on 21st October, 2014.
5. On the Home front, the Ministry participated in various meetings on bilateral issues at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. They include:
a. Stakeholders meetings on bilateral relations with Belarus held in the Office of the Director Eastern and Central European Affairs Division, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abuja on Monday 10th November, 2014. The meeting arose as result of Mr. President’s directive that relevant MDAs should initiate discussion on possible areas of Co-operation with Belarus.
b. Inter-Ministerial meeting on Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting (CHOGM) 2013 Follow-Up Action held on Tuesday 10th June, 2014 at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Abuja.
c. Inter-Ministerial meeting on the Second Session of the Mechanism for Strategic Dialogue between Nigeria and Brazil held on Tuesday 19th August, 2014.
d. Inter-Ministerial preparatory meeting to the second session of the Nigeria – Saudi Arabia Joint Commission held on 3rd March, 2015,
e. Inter-Ministerial preparatory meeting to the official visit of Mr. President to the Republic of Cameroon held on 22nd July, 2015;
f. Preparation of Handing Over Note as well as Presidential Briefing for the newly elected President.
g. Inter-Ministerial preparatory meeting to the 70th Session of the UN General Assembly holding in New York from 15th September-18th December, 2015;
h. Inter-Ministerial Preparatory meeting in Foreign Affairs from 10th 13th to Nigeria – Canada Bi-National Commission meeting holding in Ottawa, Canada on 24th November, 2015.
(c) RESEARCH AND STATISTICS ACTIVITIES
* Responsible for Preparation & Production of Annual Reports ;
* Responsible for organizing Sensitization Campaign to host Communities where Power infrastructures are in the country (Awaiting implementation)
* Responsible for Preparation and Publication of Ministry Statistical Data Digest (Proposal submitted, needs to be reactivated):
* Responsible for the preparation and Publication of Monthly Bulletin and Quarterly Digest (No funding for its implementation);
* Responsible for Preparation for Research development on Electricity demand study (No funding for its implementation);
ACTIVITIES OF THE LIBRARY SECTION
* Responsible for Maintaining smooth organization and running of the Ministry’s library
* Responsible for Supply of Newspapers and magazines to the Honourable Minister of Power, Honourable Minister of State Power, Permanent Secretary and the Press Unit.
* Responsible for Purchase of some copies of book titles on power/engineering, finance and information communication technology fields.
* Responsible for the Maintenance of regular supply of newspapers and magazines for the consumption of library users.
* Attend regularly to inquiries from both staff and other library users on information in newspapers, magazines and other Government publications.
ICT UNIT: TASKS PERFORMED
* Responsible for Building capacities of staff of the Ministry on the usage of service wide email(fedcs.gov.ng)
* Responsible for creating functional email accounts for Departments/Units of the Ministry for the purpose of official communications
* Liaising with Media & Press Unit for regular update of contents of the Ministry’s website (www.power.gov.ng)
* Liaising with Galaxy Backbone for Internet access and provision of IP Phones;
* Liaising with ICT consultants for preventive maintenance of ICT infrastructure
* Provides support for the staff in terms of capacity building
* Collaborate with M&E Division on Electronic Dash Board M&E System.
* Responsible for Content Management of the Power Sector Website of the Ministry: www.power.gov.ng ;
* Responsible for providing Professional Support to major events such as NACOP, Conferences etc;
* Responsible for handling of social media for the purpose of communication of Ministry’s activities to the general public;
* Responsible for Maintenance of the Computers and other computer accessories in the Ministry; Responsible for organizing ;
* Responsible for Development and management of Modern Data Centre at PHCN Building and the Development of Nigeria Power Sector Information System (NPSMIS);
* Responsible for Executive (dashboard) Tracking System ;
* Responsible for organizing Video Conferencing System Procurement of ICT Hardware and Software ;
* Responsible for management of Internet Services ; Responsible for Development of Nigeria Power Sector Management Information System (PSMIS);
* Responsible for Development of Information Resources Centre(IRC) Virtual Library ;
* Responsible for Directive Operational System;
* Responsible for organizing Power Infrastructure Census;
d) MONITORING & EVALUATION DIVISION
* Responsible for Quarterly monitoring and Evaluation of Policies of Government as related to the power sector and submission of report thereof,
* Responsible for Quarterly monitoring of projects under the aegis of the ministry as may be approved by different approval thresholds as encapsulated in the PPA 2007 and rendition of reports thereof;
* Responsible for Co-ordination of quarterly Review of Key Performance Indicators for the Ministry albeit the sector;
* Responsible for Preparation and submission of Sectoral KPI scorecard;
* Responsible for Rendition of quarterly reports on all monitored procurements of the Ministry as prescribed by the Fiscal Responsibility Act(FRA )2007;
* The Division in collaboration with the Ministries of special Duties, Budget $ National Planning and other relevant Departments and Agencies monitored the Constituency Projects of the Rural Electrification Agency;
* Collaborate with R&S and Distribution department on baseline surveys of the status of electricity generated , transmitted and distributed by new owners;
* Responsible for Conduct of periodic survey of the adequacy or otherwise of captive power generation nationwide with a view to obtaining the data for better coordination off- grid and Mix-grid production/generation cum transmission of energy;
* Responsible for Conduct of Mid-year review of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
* Responsible for Stakeholders validation of all M&E Reports before they are published;
* The division is also required to collaborate with other departments, divisions and Units i.e Policy /Planning, Research and Statistics. ACTU, as well as user departments on critical responsibilities assigned;
* Collaborate with other divisions and Departments to facilitate the conduct of 1st and second edition of National Council on Power (NACOP) ,Ministerial Retreats and Stakeholders validation of critical Sectoral Policy documents;
The M&E of Programmes, policies and projects are intended to examine the quantity and quality of policies, programmes and projects implementation and execution to ascertain the following:
(a) Value for money;
(b) Problems and issues attendant to (a) above;
(c) Ensure rendition of quality reports as prescribed by the FRA 2007;
(d) Ensure the effective and timely completion of projects, their outcomes and outlines to the benefiting community which translates to improved Power supply and rural access to Power;
ORGANOGRAM PLANNING, RESEARCH AND STATISTICS DEPARTMENT
FASHOLA AT THE NIGERIA INDUSTRIAL POLICY AND COMPETITIVENESS ADVISORY COUNCILS STAKEHOLDER SESSION ON CRITICAL INFRASTRUCTURE
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde Fashola SAN left and Acting DGCEO Infrastructure Concession Regulatory Commission Engr Chidi Izuwah right during the Nigeria Industrial Policy and Competitiveness Advisory Councils Critical Infrastructure Stakeholder Session on Power Road Broadband at the KPMG Tower Victoria Island Lagos on Thursday 17th August 2017
FASHOLA AT THE 150MVA 33013233KV TRANSFORMER AT THE MANDO STATION AND 2 X60MVA 13233KV TRANSFORMER AT POWER STATION KAKURI KADUNA STATE
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde FasholaSANmiddleManaging Director CEO Transmission Company of Nigeria Mr Usman Gur Mohammedright and representative of the Governor of Kaduna State Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Rural and Community DevelopmentMallam Mahmud Zailanileftduring the commissioning of the 2 x 60MVA 132 33kv Transformers at the Power Station Kakuri Kaduna State on Monday 11th June 2018