(DIRECTOR INTERNAL AUDIT)
In line with Financial Regulations 20, the Internal Audit Unit of the Ministry was established to provide a complete and continuous audit of the Accounts records of revenue and expenditure, plants, allocated and unallocated stores where applicable.
The Unit is directly responsible to the Accounting Officer for comprehensive audit of all operations and activities of the Ministry. In this regard, it carries out not only Financial Audit but also Compliance Audit, Performance Audit and Management Audit of other areas of the Ministry with a view to monitoring their economic efficiency and effectiveness.
The functions of the Internal Audit Unit include amongst others:
1. To secure the installation and maintenance of soundly based system of control within the Ministry;
2. To review and where necessary make recommendations for the improvement of systems, controls and procedures in order to ensure that they are both efficient and effective;
3. To assist in protecting the assets and interests of the Ministry eg; by carrying out continuous examination of activities in order to prevent or promptly detect fraud, misappropriation, irregular expenditures or losses of cash by ensuring that the rules, regulations and extant circulars/instructions are observed;
4. To monitor the use of resources in the pursuit of the objectives established by law and other authorizing bodies; and
5. To render monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and special reports to appropriate authorities.
FASHOLA SANUSI DANGOTE AT THE SIGNING OF QUA IBO POWER PLANTS POWER PURCHASE AGREEMENT WITH NBET AT THE MINISTRY OF POWER WORKS HOUSING HEADQUARTERS MABUSHI ABUJA
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde FasholaSAN 2nd right Emir of Kano Emir Muhammad Sanusi II left Chairman Dangote Group Alhaji Aliko Dangote 2nd left and US Ambassador to Nigeria Mr Stuart Symingtonright shortly before the signing of the Qua Ibo Power Plants Power Purchase Agreement with NBET at the Ministry of Power Works Housing Headquarters Mabushi Abuja
FASHOLA LALONGYAYALE AHMED AT THE 15TH MONTHLY MEETING OF POWER SECTOR OPERATORS IN PLATEAU STATE
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde Fashola SANleft being welcomed by the Chairman Jos Electricity Distribution Plc Alh Yayale Ahmedright during the 15th Monthly Meeting with Sectoral Participants in the Power Sector hosted by Jos Electricity Distribution Plc at the NIPP Injection SubStation Lamingo Jos Plateau State on Monday 8th May 2017