(DIRECTOR INTERNAL AUDIT)
In line with Financial Regulations 20, the Internal Audit Unit of the Ministry was established to provide a complete and continuous audit of the Accounts records of revenue and expenditure, plants, allocated and unallocated stores where applicable.
The Unit is directly responsible to the Accounting Officer for comprehensive audit of all operations and activities of the Ministry. In this regard, it carries out not only Financial Audit but also Compliance Audit, Performance Audit and Management Audit of other areas of the Ministry with a view to monitoring their economic efficiency and effectiveness.
The functions of the Internal Audit Unit include amongst others:
1. To secure the installation and maintenance of soundly based system of control within the Ministry;
2. To review and where necessary make recommendations for the improvement of systems, controls and procedures in order to ensure that they are both efficient and effective;
3. To assist in protecting the assets and interests of the Ministry eg; by carrying out continuous examination of activities in order to prevent or promptly detect fraud, misappropriation, irregular expenditures or losses of cash by ensuring that the rules, regulations and extant circulars/instructions are observed;
4. To monitor the use of resources in the pursuit of the objectives established by law and other authorizing bodies; and
5. To render monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and special reports to appropriate authorities.
COUNCIL MEMBERS DELIBERATING ON THE SUBMISSION FROM THE VARIOUS THERMATIC GROUP REPORTS
Council members deliberating on the submission from the various Thermatic Group reports at the National Council on Works holding at Kebbi State Photos by Bose from Press Department of the Ministry
FASHOLA PRESIDES AT THE INAUGURATION OF ARCHITECTS REGISTRATION COUNCIL OF NIGERIA ARCON
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde FasholaSANright Arc Francis Evbuomwan 3rd right Arc Ladipo Lewis3rd left Arc Dipo Adebo2nd left and Arc Ali Mukhtarleft duringthe inauguration of the Architects Registration Council of NigeriaARCON at the Ministry of PowerWorks Housing Headquarters Mabushi Abuja on Tuesday 12th June 2018