(DIRECTOR INTERNAL AUDIT)
In line with Financial Regulations 20, the Internal Audit Unit of the Ministry was established to provide a complete and continuous audit of the Accounts records of revenue and expenditure, plants, allocated and unallocated stores where applicable.
The Unit is directly responsible to the Accounting Officer for comprehensive audit of all operations and activities of the Ministry. In this regard, it carries out not only Financial Audit but also Compliance Audit, Performance Audit and Management Audit of other areas of the Ministry with a view to monitoring their economic efficiency and effectiveness.
The functions of the Internal Audit Unit include amongst others:
1. To secure the installation and maintenance of soundly based system of control within the Ministry;
2. To review and where necessary make recommendations for the improvement of systems, controls and procedures in order to ensure that they are both efficient and effective;
3. To assist in protecting the assets and interests of the Ministry eg; by carrying out continuous examination of activities in order to prevent or promptly detect fraud, misappropriation, irregular expenditures or losses of cash by ensuring that the rules, regulations and extant circulars/instructions are observed;
4. To monitor the use of resources in the pursuit of the objectives established by law and other authorizing bodies; and
5. To render monthly, quarterly, half-yearly, and special reports to appropriate authorities.
FASHOLA INSPECTS HOMES CONSTRUCTED UNDER THE NATIONAL HOUSING PROGRAMME IN IKOT NTUEN NSITAFFIA NSIT UYO AKWA IBOM STATE
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde Fashola SANleft Federal Controller of HousingTeam Leader in Akwa Ibom State ArcAqua Uzodinma left and others during the HonMinisters inspection of the ongoing construction of Storey Building2Bedroom and 3Bedroom Semi DetachedBungalows under the Federal Governments National Housing Programme inIkot Ntuen Nsit Affia Nsit Uyo Akwa Ibom State on Sunday 11th March 2018
FASHOLA SHEHURI HON OKECHUKWU AT THE 23RDMEETING OF THE NATIONAL COUNCIL ON WORKS IN ABUJA
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde Fashola SANleft and Chairman House Committe on Works Hon Toby Okechukwuright duringthe 23rdMeeting of the National Council on Works with the theme Adequate Traffic Signage An Essential Key for Highways Infrastructure Safety and Comfort hosted by the Federal Ministry of Power Works and Housing at the NAF Conference Centre Ahmadu Bello Way Kado District Abuja on Thursday 20thJuly 2017