Welcome Address By The Permanent Secretary, Ministry Of Works And Transport, Kebbi State On The Occasion Of The 24th National Council On Works Meeting In Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
On behalf of His Excellency, the Executive Governor, Senator Abubakar Atiku Bagudu, Matawalen Gwandu and hospitable people of Kebbi State, I humbly welcome here in Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State, “The Land of Equity”.
2. The theme of this year’s meeting is “Ensuring Value for Money in Nigerian Highways Development”, which literally means optimal use of resources to achieve the intended outcome.
3. A limited perception of the benefit derived from the huge investment in Highway projects, believes that, the ends will not justify the means, in terms of resources invested and the intended outcome. However, a wider perception of it shows that the benefit involved is numerous, among which are the following:-
(i) highway projects enhance free movement of people, goods and services, thereby fostering economic, cultural, agricultural and political development;
(ii) Highway projects, link various communities, regions and nations, thereby enhancing regional and international relationship;
(iii) Highway projects, promote peaceful co-existence between various communities, thereby enhancing social development.
This is to mention just a few.
4. The theme seeks for the use of technical knowledge and methods to achieve qualitative works on all Highway projects, ensuring value for money.
5. At this juncture, I would like to commend His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Kebbi State, Senator Abubakar Atiku Bagudu for hosting this important meeting for the first time in the history of the state.
6. The Honourable Minister of Power, Works and Housing, His Excellency, Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN, also needs to be commended for approving the hosting right to Kebbi State.
7. The Organizing Committee of Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing will also not be left behind in the commendation for selecting a theme that encompasses all spheres of life, as no matter how small a business may be, one needs value for his investment.
8. As for the delegates, I wish you an interesting and fruitful deliberations and also call upon you to feel free and visit historic places in Kebbi State, being a home to two famous international festivals of fishing in Argungu and Uhola in Zuru.
9. Once again, I welcome you all to the 24th Meeting of National Council on Works.
GOD Bless Kebbi State
GOD bless Nigeria.
FASHOLA AT THE WORLD FM DAY POLICY DIALOGUE ON THE THEME TACKLING THE POOR MAINTENANCE CULTURE IN NIGERIA
Representative of the Vice President Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde FasholaSAN left andCommercial Counselor United States Mission to Nigeria United States Consulate General Mr Brent Omdahlright shortly after theWorld FM DayPolicy Dialogueon the theme Tackling the Poor Maintenance Culture in Nigeria hosted by Klinserve Solutions Limited at the Agip Recital Hall Muson Centre Onikan Lagos on Tuesday 15th 2018
FASHOLA LALONGYAYALE AHMED AT THE 15TH MONTHLY MEETING OF POWER SECTOR OPERATORS IN PLATEAU STATE
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde Fashola SANleft being welcomed by the Chairman Jos Electricity Distribution Plc Alh Yayale Ahmedright during the 15th Monthly Meeting with Sectoral Participants in the Power Sector hosted by Jos Electricity Distribution Plc at the NIPP Injection SubStation Lamingo Jos Plateau State on Monday 8th May 2017