I am pleased to welcome you to the 24th Meeting of the National Council on Works holding in Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State.
2. As you are aware, the theme of this year’s National Council Meeting is “Ensuring Value-for-Money in Nigerian Highways Development”. The theme is apt and timely, considering our collective resolve to address the challenges in road development in the country within available resources.
3. In order to ensure that this target is achieved, it has become necessary for all the critical stakeholders to consider and provide contemporary policies that will support the attainment of the above target.
4. It is quite instructive that the theme was carefully chosen to ensure prudent spending of available financial resources in Highways development in the country due to the huge investment governments at all levels are making in road development.
5. The Meeting is significant as it will afford us the desired opportunities to identify challenges in the highways sector and develop strategies towards addressing them. We are therefore, expected to explore various realistic means of proper utilization of funds and other resources meant for road projects, to enable quick service delivery, which in turn will fast-track national growth and sustainability. May I also stress on the need to ensure that all our recommendations align with the objectives of the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP) of 2017-2019 which focuses on restoring economic growth, ease of doing business, investing in our people and creating a competitive economy. The achievement of these objectives largely lies on the availability of good road network across the country.
6. Distinguished delegates and officials, the timing of this meeting therefore, is very significant as it affords us the opportunity to think through and make necessary provisions in our various Budgets for the year 2019 and beyond as well as take necessary steps that will ensure money spent on roads impacts on the Nigerian economy, positively.
7. On this note, I once again welcome you all and wish you fruitful deliberations.
8. Thank you.
FASHOLA AT THE MAIDEN EDITION OF CONFERENCE OF IDEAS THE BRF GABFEST 2018
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde Fashola SAN 2ndright Chairman Dangote Group Alhaji Aliko DangoterightExecutive DirectorCEO Nigerian Export Promotion CouncilMr Segun Awolowo left and Chairman Forte Oil PLC Mr Femi Otedola 2ndleft during the maiden edition of the conference of ideas tagged BRF GABFEST 2018 with the theme The Youth in Nigeria Mapping the Future to mark the 55th Birthday of the Hon Minister at the City Hall Lagos onThursday 28th June 2018
A COURTESY CALL AND PRESENTATION OF PRIZE FOR EXCELLENCE ON THE DIRECTOR PLANNING RESEARCH AND STATISTICS DEPARTMENT DR FAMOUS S ESEDUWO
A courtesy call and presentation of Prize for Excellence on the Director Planning Research and Statistics Department Dr Famous S Eseduwo by members of African Students Union Parliament ASUP at the Ministrys Headquarter Mabushi Abuja on the 16th of October 2018