DR. UMAR IBRAHIM (DIRECTOR FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS)
Dr. Umar Ibrahim was born in 1958. He started his early education in Nangere Primary Schooland had his first degree at Ahmadu Bello University. He hails from Potiskum Local Government Area of Yobe State.
2. Early, at the Secondary School, Umar started to display his academic potentialswhen in 1977he passed the West African School Certificate (WASC) with Division one.
3. This propelled him to seek higher education at the prestigious Ahmadu Bello University, Zaira where in 1982 he bagged B.Sc (Accounting) Honours, with Second Class Upper Division and later passed the M.Sc (Accounting& Finance) course work. In 2000 and 2009, Mallam Umar obtained the Master Degree in Business Administration and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Financial Management respectively.
4. Dr. Umar Ibrahim is presently a member of many professional bodies in the fields of accountancy, taxation, administration and management. He is Fellow,Association of National Accountants of Nigeria;Fellow,Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria; Fellow, Chartered Institute of Administration of Nigeria; Fellow, Institute of Management Consultants of Nigeria and Member, Nigeria Institute of Management.
5. Umar started his working career in 1983 as Accountant Grade II with Borno State Civil Service immediately after his National Youth service inthen Cross River State.
6. In Borno State Civil Service, he worked in the Ministries of Finance; Rural and Community Development; Information and Culture; Borno State Education Endowment Fund and the Military Governor’s Office where he rose to becomeHead of its Accounts Division. Later in 1990, he transferred his service to the Federal Environmental Protection Agency (FEPA) as its Assistant Chief Finance Officer.
7. At the Federal Environmental Protection Agency, Alhaji Umar headedvarious Sections of the Finance & Accounts. He later in 1995 assumed the Headship of Finance & Supplies Department of the Agency and held that position for 4 years with additional responsibility of being the Project Accountant for allmultilateral(World Bank, UNDP & UNEP) assisted projects handled by the Agency. He regularized his appointment into the main stream Federal Civil Service in January 1999.
8. At the main Federal Civil Service, Dr. Umar worked as Assistant Director of Accounts in Federal Ministries ofEnvironment (July 1999–Aug.2003); Industry (Sept 2003–Dec.2004) and Military Pensions Board (Jan 2005 – April 2005). He also worked atMinistry of Petroleum Resources (May 2005–Apri.2010) andNational Sports Commission (May 2010 –Dec 2011) as Deputy Director of Accounts. After his promotion to the rank of Director in 2011, he was posted as Director (Finance and Accounts) to theFederal Ministry of Information (May 2012-Mar. 2013); Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (April 2013-April 2014) and Federal Ministry of Tourism, Culture and National Orientation (April 2014-Dec. 2015) and to the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing (January 2016 to date).
9. In addition to his regular duties,Dr. Umar Ibrahim has been saddled with some additional responsibilities throughout his working career. A few of which are:
a. Member, Inter Ministerial Investigative Committee on Federal Government owned Nigerian Sugar Company Ltd, Bachita, Niger State (July 2004);
b. Member, Representing Ministry of Petroleum Resources (MPR) on the Committee on Reconciliation of Revenues Receivable from Crude Oil sales and other Federation Revenues (Feb. 2006 -2010);
c. Member, Conference Coordinating Team of the 143rd Extraordinary Meeting of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Conference of Ministers hosted by Nigeria Government and held in Abuja (Dec 2006);
d. Member, representing Ministry of Petroleum Resources on the Technical Sub-Committee on the new National Tax Policy, chaired by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) (Jun.2008–2009);
e. Member, Financial Audit Committee on 2007 Oil Prospecting Licensing Round/Oil Blocks Allocation, set up by Hon.Minister of Petroleum Resources(July 2008);
f. Member, Finance Committees for Nigeria’s Participation inFIFA World Cup held in South Africa; Commonwealth of Nations Games held in India; All Africa Games held in Maputo, Mozambique(Jul. 2010-Sept 2011);
g. Participated in the Review of the Restructuring and StrategicPlan (2013-2017) ofthe Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation under UK-DFID assisted Federal Administration Reform Programme (May 2013);
10. In the Power Sector of the Ministry, Dr. Ibrahim handled the following extra responsibilities besides his normal duties as the Director of Finance & Accounts:
a. Chairman,Panel to Investigatealleged financial and administrative misconducts leveled against the Acting Managing Director/CEO of Yola Electricity Distribution Company Plc. and four(4) others (March 2016);
b. Supervision of two Federal Government owned Power Sector Agencies, namely: Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Plc.(NBET) and Nigerian Electricity Liability Management Company Ltd/GTENELMCO (May 2016 to date);
c. Member, Committee for the Sale of Non-Core Assets of Power Holding Company of Nigeria(PHCN) and Committee of Inspection of PHCN in-Liquidation(May 2016 to Date)
d. Team member for negotiation of AgenceFrancaise de Developpment (AFD) Credit Facility of USD$46,200,000 to National Power Training Institute of Nigeria (NAPTIN) for “Project on Enhancing Vocational Training for the Power Sector”(May/June 2016);
e. Member, Committee toreview Liquidity Challengesand recommend measures to address payment defaults and reset the financial condition of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry, set up by the Hon. Minister of Power(Aug-Oct 2016).
f. Member, representing Federal of Power on the “Joint Transaction Committee” for the Sale of the Nigeria Independent Power Projects(NIPP) Power Generation Plants(Dec 2016 to Date);
11. Dr. Umar Ibrahim has attended many courses on budgeting, project financial management, environmental management, government procurements and corporate governance some of which are as follows:
a. Seminar for Nigerian Executives in Development Finance, Project Finance and Budget Analysis, supported by United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and held in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire(Sept 2000);
b. Financial Management of Development Projects, organized by Royal Institute of Public Administration of the United Kingdom and held in London(Sept 2005);
c. Oil and Gas International Senior Management Course, organized by The Management School, London and held in London(Oct 2006);
d. Executive Training Programme on Government Procurements, organized by the London Graduate School, and held in Johannesburg, South Africa (Sept 2007)
e. Seminar on Making Government Effective; organized by Government and Management Services International and held in Dubai, UAE (Nov 2009)
12. MallamUmar, who had between 1973 and 1976,and at young age displayed leadership potentialsas President of Muslim Students Society of his Secondary School, was in May 2002 conferred with chieftaincy title of Zanna-Dujima of Tikau Emirate. In January, 2007, he received a commendation letter from the Permanent Secretary of Ministry of Petroleum Resources and another in July 2013 from the Permanent Secretary (CMO) of Office of the Head of the Civil Service of the Federation forexemplaryroles,contributions, diligence, commitment and performance.He is married with children and enjoys documentaries on peoples, places and events.
FASHOLA HASSAN AT THE 5TH EDITION OF THE TOP MANAGEMENT RETREAT OF THE MINISTRY OF POWER WORKS AND HOUSING IN SOKOTO STATE
Fashola Hassan At The 5th Edition Of The Top Management Retreat Of The Ministry Of Power Works And Housing In Sokoto State
FASHOLAUDOM OTHERS AT THE 25THPOWER SECTOR OPERATORS MEETING IN UYO AKWA IBOM STATE
Hon Minister of PowerWorks Housing Mr Babatunde FasholaSANrightpresenting a copy of the Meter Asset Provider Regulations 2018 to theGovernor of Akwa Ibom State Mr Udom Emmanuelleft during the 25thMonthly Meeting of Operators in the Power Sector hosted by the Akwa Ibom State Government and Ibom Power at the Ibom Hall IBB Way Uyo Akwa Ibom State on Monday 12th March 2018