Remarks By The Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry Of Power, Works And Housing, (Works And Housing Sector), Mohammed Bukar, At The 24th National Council Meeting On Works, Held In Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State
I am pleased to welcome you to the 24th Meeting of the National Council on Works holding in Birnin-Kebbi, Kebbi State.
2. As you are aware, the theme of this year’s National Council Meeting is “Ensuring Value-for-Money in Nigerian Highways Development”. The theme is apt and timely, considering our collective resolve to address the challenges in road development in the country within available resources.
3. In order to ensure that this target is achieved, it has become necessary for all the critical stakeholders to consider and provide contemporary policies that will support the attainment of the above target.
4. It is quite instructive that the theme was carefully chosen to ensure prudent spending of available financial resources in Highways development in the country due to the huge investment governments at all levels are making in road development.
5. The Meeting is significant as it will afford us the desired opportunities to identify challenges in the highways sector and develop strategies towards addressing them. We are therefore, expected to explore various realistic means of proper utilization of funds and other resources meant for road projects, to enable quick service delivery, which in turn will fast-track national growth and sustainability. May I also stress on the need to ensure that all our recommendations align with the objectives of the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP) of 2017-2019 which focuses on restoring economic growth, ease of doing business, investing in our people and creating a competitive economy. The achievement of these objectives largely lies on the availability of good road network across the country.
6. Distinguished delegates and officials, the timing of this meeting therefore, is very significant as it affords us the opportunity to think through and make necessary provisions in our various Budgets for the year 2019 and beyond as well as take necessary steps that will ensure money spent on roads impacts on the Nigerian economy, positively.
7. On this note, I once again welcome you all and wish you fruitful deliberations.
8. Thank you.
FASHOLA ASHAFA OTHERS AT THE FLAG OFF OF THE REHABILITATION OF IKORODU SHAGAMU ROAD IN LAGOSOGUN STATES
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde FasholaSAN2nd left Senator representing Lagos East Senatorial District in the National Assembly Senator Gbenga Ashafa left House of Representatives member representing Ikorodu Constituency Hon Jimi Bensonright and representative of the Managing Director Arab Contractors Nigeria Limited Mr Wael Salem 2nd right during the flag off of the Rehabilitation of Ikorodu Shagamu Road in LagosOgun States at KM 2Ikorodu Shagamu Road on Monday 21st May 2018
FASHOLA INSPECTS THE ELECTRIFIED SHOPS UNDER THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENTS ENERZING ECONOMIES INITIATIVE ATARIARIA MARKET IN ABIA STATE
Hon Minister of Power Works Housing Mr Babatunde FasholaSAN rightManaging DirectorCEO Rural Electrification AgencyREA Mrs Damilola Ogunbiyi right and benefitting shop owner Mrs Ngozi Joel middleduring the inspection of the electrifiedshops under the Federal Government s Energizing Economies InitiativeatAriar ia market Aba Abia State on Thursday 17th May 2018